If you’re curious about the best treatments for acne and acne scars at Borealis Dermatology in New York, read on.
What Are The Best Ways To Treat My Acne?
Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. Every year, approximately 40-50 million people cope with whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, and cystic acne. But, the new year can be the perfect time to pamper yourself after a hectic holiday season and rejuvenate your appearance.
At Borealis Dermatology, we understand our clients have diverse needs and take their preferences to heart–there’s a reason we’re the best-reviewed dermatology office in Long Island. Borealis Dermatology is proud to offer the following as part of our broad range of professional and potent acne solutions:
- Extractions are a method of cleansing the skin of built-up dirt and oil trapped inside of the pores using sanitized metal tools. A professional esthetician will use a comedone extraction tool to target blackheads and whiteheads. For deeper-rooted acne, our esthetic experts can use a thin needle or blade to address the acne.
- Deep Detox Facial. This acne facial combines extractions and professional-level purification methods to promote clearer skin. Pharmaceutical-grade products eliminate bacteria, absorb surface oil from pores, remove dead skin cells, and protect skin from environmental irritants that can cause acne and inflammation.
- Dermaplaning is a resurfacing treatment for clients that prefer physical exfoliation over chemical exfoliants. A small surgical blade is used to remove the top layer of dead skin and the vellus (the “peach fuzz” on the face). Dermaplaning is a useful add-on to other treatments and improves the absorptions of any skincare you use at-home. This can also be performed as a stand-alone treatment.
- Celluma LED Light Therapy is particularly effective in improving acne-prone skin, skin tone, texture, and clarity. This device utilizes particular wavelengths of light to enhance the health of your cells by killing acne-causing bacteria and decreasing inflammation.
- Deep Pore Cleanse. A professional deep pore cleanse using a HydraFacial or microdermabrasion treatment is exponentially more powerful and effective than at-home clay masks. During a HydraFacial, a special device vacuums dirt and dead skin cells out of your pores. Afterwards, antioxidant super-serums are infused into the skin for hydration and protection. During a microdermabrasion treatment, excess oil and dead skin is exfoliated from your skin using a diamond-tipped buffing wand.
What Are The Best Ways For Me To Treat Acne Scars?
Although anyone would like for any acne to become a distant memory, some people cope with acne scars even after their acne clears up. Acne scars occur during the body’s healing process. If the body produces too much or too little collagen as it heals from acne, it can leave a scar.
Fortunately, for clients that have acne scarring, or both scarring and recurring breakouts, Borealis Dermatology is here to help with the right treatments for you:
- Chemical Peels can improve hyperpigmentation, fine lines, sun damage, age spots, and acne scars. During this treatment, an exfoliating acid solution is applied to the face. There may be a mild tingling sensation, but the solution is removed or neutralized after a few minutes. Over the next few days, older skin flakes away to reveal the newer, healthier skin below.
- Laser Genesis. This non-invasive laser treatment can effectively target acne scars, uneven skin tone, large pores, wrinkles, broken blood vessels, and excessive redness. Laser Genesis can kill acne-causing bacteria on the surface of skin and stimulate the growth of new collagen.
- Microdermabrasion. This exfoliation treatment improves skin texture and tone, and encourages the growth of new cells and collagen. During your treatment session, a diamond-tipped wand buffs away the uneven outermost layer of skin. Although there may be a mild vibration and scratching sensation, little to no discomfort can be expected. Microdermabrasion can effectively treat enlarged pores and blackheads, acne scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and more.
Can I Combine One Or More Treatments For My Acne?
Absolutely. One of our recommendations includes a Photofacial treatment. A Photofacial combines the sophisticated technology of Celluma LED Light Therapy and the restorative, hydrating benefits of a HydraFacial to completely renew your skin. Using two types of LED light, Celluma LED Light Therapy can target both anti-aging and anti-acne concerns. The red LED light will be used to stimulate collagen production, while blue LED light will be used to eliminate acne-causing bacteria in the upper-layer of your skin. A rejuvenating HydraFacial will then infuse and protect your skin with antioxidants and peptides to leave your complexion glowing.
A Photofacial isn’t the only combination of treatments we can offer. For clients that are interested in multiple treatments or procedures, the experts at Borealis Dermatology would be glad to give input on which treatments and procedures would be most effective for your aesthetic goals.
Which Of These Treatments Is Best For My Needs?
If you wonder which of our acne and acne scar treatments is best for your needs, call Borealis Dermatology in New York. Our experts will discuss your aesthetic goals and make recommendations based on your skin sensitivity, medical history, or other concerns, and provide detailed insight into recommended aftercare advice.
Borealis Dermatology has two locations to serve clients in Garden City and Syosset, NY. Borealis Dermatology is also pleased to offer medical and surgical dermatological services for patients experiencing skin conditions that are negatively impacting their enjoyment of everyday life. For a consultation or appointment, call the best-reviewed dermatology office in Long Island today and talk to a skin expert at 516-246-8800.