Learn about the HydraFacial and how it can improve your skin in this guide from Borealis Dermatology, located in New York.
What Is A HydraFacial?
If you’re looking to improve your skin quality and appearance, you may be interested in getting a HydraFacial treatment. A HydraFacial treatment is the most popular aesthetic device in the U.S. A HydraFacial treatment delivers long-term skin benefits using patented technology safe for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Unlike traditional facial treatments that employ heavy mask mixtures and a manual extraction process, HydraFacials are more sophisticated and gentle. After a HydraFacial, you can expect to enjoy significantly more hydrated, radiant skin, a decrease in fine lines, and visibly reduced dark spots. If you want to address acne, dryness, and wrinkles in a single treatment, the HydraFacial is for you.
What Is The HydraFacial Syndeo System?
Borealis Dermatology is proud to offer HydraFacial Syndeo, the most innovative and advanced HydraFacial delivery system to date. Syndeo, meaning “connected” in Greek, uses technology to deliver the ultimate HydraFacial experience. HydraFacial Syndeo optimizes the client experience with individualized profiles and treatment history, as well as Lip Perk and Eye Perk add-ons to enhance any HydraFacial.
- The HydraFacial Syndeo Lip Perk treatment plumps and hydrates lips in under 10 minutes. Pamper and boost your lips with aloe leaf extract, soothing peppermint oil, and luxurious peony extract.
- The HydraFacial Syndeo Eye Perk treatment is just gentle yet effective enough for the delicate area around your eyes. In just under 10 minutes, you can look fully refreshed with zero downtime. The Eye Replenishing Serum utilizes green tea extract, oat kernel extract, arnica flower extract, citric acid, and earth mineral peptides to tighten, hydrate, and moisturize the area around the eyes.
What Are The Benefits Of A HydraFacial?
- HydraFacials can effectively treat a variety of different skin concerns, including dryness, dullness, acne, skin tone, skin texture, fine lines, wrinkles, redness, or hyperpigmentation.
- Your HydraFacial treatment is customizable to target your specific skin concerns.
- A HydraFacial treatment can be combined with other aesthetic and MediSpa services, such as Botox, facial fillers, laser treatments, or chemical peels so that you can reach your aesthetic goals and look and feel your best. But be sure to consult your dermatologist before you schedule multiple aesthetic services to ensure you are a good fit for all services.
- HydraFacials offer more consistent results than conventional facial treatments and require absolutely no downtime.
What Are The Steps Of A HydraFacial?
The basic steps of a HydraFacial are as follows:
1. Cleanse. Using the patented vortex wand technology, your technician will cleanse your skin of dirt and oil deep within the pores.
2. Exfoliate. Using peels or masks, customized for your skin type, dead skin cells are removed from the surface of the skin to further enhance the facial effects.
3. Hydrate. Specialized serums best fit for your concerns are delivered onto the skin using a pen-like attachment on the wand to nourish and hydrate your skin.
There are many types of HydraFacials treatments to include:
- A Deluxe HydraFacial includes professional strength, therapeutic light energy to treat skin from within. This can be especially beneficial for sensitive and dry skin types.
- A Platinum HydraFacial can be useful to target anti-aging concerns. In addition to the previous steps, including LED therapy, the Platinum HydraFacial treatment will also begin with lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness and provide a more lifted and contoured appearance.
Booster serums can be added to your HydraFacial package to target specific concerns such as:
- Vitamin C – an anti-aging serum to brighten and smoothen out your skin
- Collagen – an anti-aging serum that hydrates your skin with collagen to decrease the appearance of fine lines and provide a youthful complexion
- Extractions – professional removal of blackheads and whiteheads to prevent future breakouts and give a clearer appearance
- LED Celluma Therapy – blue and red light therapy to improve your skin; blue light destroys acne-causing bacteria and red light stimulates collagen production
Keravive: The Scalp Health Solution can be used to address lack of circulation, dry skin, clogged follicles, and dead skin cells affecting scalp health and hair growth by cleansing, stimulating, nourishing, and hydrating the scalp.
What Can I Expect After My HydraFacial Treatment?
Some people experience temporary redness from the suction and extraction, which usually subsides after fifteen minutes. Because HydraFacials are non-invasive treatments, you can expect to resume your daily activities immediately after your treatment. To maximize the effectiveness and absorbency of the serums used during your treatment, it is recommended to avoid wearing makeup for 24 hours after your HydraFacial to reap as many benefits as possible. In order to maintain your rejuvenated new appearance, experts recommend a HydraFacial once a month.
Am I A Good Candidate For A HydraFacial?
A HydraFacial treatment is safe and effective for all skin types, including people with sensitive skin. Each HydraFacial session can be customized to address each person’s specific concerns and needs, making the treatment good for anyone. If you are concerned about allergies, skin sensitivity, rosacea, or severe acne, it is best for you to speak with your aesthetic provider about your concerns beforehand.
If you are curious about how a HydraFacial can improve your skin, consider Borealis Dermatology in New York. Borealis Dermatology has two locations to serve clients in Garden City and Syosset, NY. Borealis Dermatology is also pleased to offer medical and surgical dermatological services for patients experiencing skin conditions that are negatively impacting their enjoyment of everyday life. For a consultation or appointment, call the best-reviewed dermatology office in Long Island today and talk to a skin expert at 516-246-8800.