If you are looking for a relaxing facial treatment to enhance your skin complexion, you may be interested in HydraFacial treatments. As a unique skin treatment, it’s become a popular solution for all skin types. At Borealis Dermatology, our skilled esthetician will provide Hydrafacial treatments to clean and hydrate your skin.
What is a HydraFacial?
Hydrafacial is a patented treatment that delivers long-term skin benefits through a unique Vortex Fusion Technology system. Vortex Fusion Technology utilizes spiral HydroPeel tips, vacuums, and serums to dislodge impurities in the skin while simultaneously hydrating it. This all-in-one delivery system can renew all skin types by cleansing, extracting, and hydrating the skin.
Did you know…
HydraFacial can be customized according to the needs of your skin. The esthetician will personalize the serums and/or treatment types based on your specific concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens during a HydraFacial?
- CLEANSE + PEEL Uncover a new layer of skin with gentle exfoliation and relaxing resurfacing.
- EXTRACT + HYDRATE Remove debris from pores with painless suction. Nourish with intense moisturizers that quench skin.
- FUSE + PROTECT Saturate the skin’s surface with antioxidants and peptides to maximize your glow.
What are some of the concerns that HydraFacials have the ability to treat?
- Fine lines/wrinkles
- Skin tone and texture
What are the benefits of this one hour treatment by our NYS certified master esthetician?
- Customizable for all skin types and concerns
- Works well with other procedures like botox, fillers, laser treatments
- More consistent results than a traditional facial
- No down time
- Synergy effects with other treatments
- LED light therapy
- Laser Genesis
- Customized Peel
- Oxygen Therapy
- Cutera Laser
Are HydraFacials effective for all types of patients?
Yes, HydraFacials are a great option for cosmetic treatment for all types of patients- regardless of skin type. Further, a specific patient’s concerns will be accommodated during the treatment and thus, due to the customizable nature of HydraFacials, a variety of skin issues can be treated.
What should I avoid following my HydraFacial treatment?
Given the non-invasive nature of this process, patients can return to their daily activities immediately, such as work and errands, immediately after the procedure. It is worth noting that some redness may appear following the treatment but it should not last for more than 15 minutes. Additionally, patients shouldn’t wear makeup for 24 hours in order for the added serums to settle in and effectively operate on the skin.
How often should I get a HydraFacial?
As a general rule, it is recommended that patients come back for a HydraFacial once a month in order to maintain their rejuvenated appearance.
What is the difference between a HydraFacial and a standard facial?
Evidently, standard facials present a series of benefits for patients. However, HydraFacials are an entirely different category within the field of aesthetics. The HydraFacial machine delivers advanced treatments that have the ability to produce visible results and skin improvement through the use of technology that assists with deep cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, and intense hydration.
Who are candidates for HydraFacial?
HydraFacials are great for all and any skin types since HydraFacial sessions can be personalized to each individual’s concerns. Some of the most common concerns are acne, fine lines and wrinkles, anti-aging, hyperpigmentation, and redness. However, if you have any severe skin conditions, such as severe acne, rosacea, allergic reactions, or other sensitivity issues, it’s essential to speak with our providers to ensure your skin health before a HydraFacial appointment.
How is a HydraFacial performed?
Hydrafacial begins with an exfoliating tip paired with a suction device to remove dead skin cells and clear your pores. Once the skin is cleansed and exfoliated, serums are infused into the skin. By cleansing, exfoliating, and hydrating the skin, you will see a clearer, brighter skin immediately. A HydraFacial session varies in length depending on the type of treatment you would like to receive. You can find the different sessions below.
What are the side effects of Hydrafacial?
As the HydraFacial uses its probe to extract and suction the skin and its pores, it can produce redness after your session. It also uses different products and serums, which can cause sensitive reactions for some people. If you have sensitive skin or concerned about any reactions in general, speak to your provider or esthetician prior to receiving your treatment.
What are your different types of Hydrafacials?
Your HydraFacial treatment can be personalized based on your skin concerns and preferences. Our esthetician will evaluate and discuss different treatment options best fit for your skin type and concern. The following are the different types of HydraFacials we offer in the office:
- Signature HydraFacial: Deeply purifies, nourishes, and protects the skin. After cleansing the pores, our super serums, filled with antioxidants and hyaluronic acid are infused. This is best recommended for acne concerns. (30 minutes)
- Deluxe HydraFacial: The Signature HydraFacial, plus professional-strength therapeutic light energy to treat the skin from within. This is best recommended for sensitive and dry skin. (45 minutes)
- Platinum HydraFacial: The ultimate HydraFacial experience! Begin with a Lymphatic Drainage to reduce puffiness and provide the appearance of lifting and contouring. Next, we clarify your skin with a purifying cleanse, gentle chemical peel, and extractions. Using super serums and LED therapy, your treatment is personalized. Finally, we bathe the skin with nourishing hydration and antioxidants for the ultimate glow and best skin of your life. This is best recommended for anti-aging facial treatment. (60 minutes)
Contact Borealis Dermatology to schedule an appointment with our esthetician for a HydraFacial session. Borealis Dermatology offers two convenient locations to provide various treatments for our patients in the Queens and Long Island areas. You can experience the highest medical and aesthetic expertise available through our treatment options by visiting our clinic.